Friday, August 14, 2009

Dixie

Oh man what a life I have. Dixie had her puppies.......they are all dead here's the story. At 3:30 in the morning on Thursday Macee came screaming to me that she had a squirrel in her bed. (haha kinda funny right) Well when I finally came to I realized Dixie was having her puppies. I woke up Quentin to have him help me I felt like somthing was wrong. That's when Shiz hit the fan!!! The one we found in teh hallway was still in the sack and dead the one on Macee's bed was crying and doing fine. So we tended to them and I tried really hard to get the dead one to come back i rubbed it and tried to get it warm......nothing so I wrapped it up and put it in a box. I went to get Macee's sheets off of her bed and found another one in it's sack dead. By this point I'm wreck literally. I kept thinking why didn't Dixie do anything??? They both were looking pretty gross (I won't go into detail it was gross trust me.) So we all went back to bed around 5. Well at 10:30 that morning I opened the door downstairs and she had just had another one......yep dead!! ahhhh ok did I mention I was a wreck?? So the day went on and I helped Dixie feed the one that was alive she did ok but not great. I was getting ready for work and just leaving when she pulled one from underneath my bed WHAT?????? YUK!!!!!! DEAD!!!!!! So she had 5. Not to bad if they were all alive. Today I went out and got some groceries and when I got home I went down to check on the puppy and to see if I could get Dixie to feed him. She did good, but started to get aggressive with it. I told her "no" and kind of pushed her away. I ran upstairs to go use the restroom, then I had decided I was going to take care of the puppy because I din't want anything to happen to it. I went back down not 2 minutes later and Dixie killed it........WTF????? AHHHHHH I lost it I was a mess I kicked Dixie out and haven't looked at her since. So now in the box there will be all 5 puppies. (yeah gross that we didn't burry them yet I was waiting for Quentin and we both got busy with the kids and work) So here I sit trying to figure out why. I called the vet and she said it was probably hormones making her aggressive and that when the dog squeeked she thought of it as a toy, like a cat and mouse type thing, or maybe she thought it was sick, or maybe just pissed off. The vet told me that I needed to get her fixed because it could happen again. Ahhhh darn dog. I hope I can get over this trauma so I can love her again because as of right now I'm so mad I want her gone.

1 comment:

Laura G said...

Ohhh, so sad. I'm sorry. Sounds like a lot of drama at your house. Mama puppies can be CRAZY. The mom of our dog actually ate 2 of his siblings before she was discovered. So they put a muzzle on her to save the others. What a weirdo! Anyway, hope things get better for ya!