Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And the award goes to........


So I've really been wanting "Mother of the Year" for along time now and yesterday I finally got it. To start off Race had been sick for a week and a half or so. I kept thinking oh he'll get better I'm not going to take him in he'll be fine. So finally last night I took him in. He had an ear infection!!! Oh great I kept putting it off and it really was something not serious but still an ear infection!!! The Dr. gave me a script and I took it to Walmart to get it filled. As we are waiting Race is hanging out in the cart in the back. He won't sit in the seat with the strap he can get out. I have a little snake I guess!! So I stop to look at something and PLOP!! Race fell right out of the cart!! He cried for like a minute then stopped with only one little bump on his head. So I just kept watching him to make sure he didn't act any different. This morning when he woke up he had kind of a limp but after he uses it he is fine. I think his poor little body is stiff. Ahhhhh that is why I think I should win "Mother of the Year"!!!

Come on who let's their kid fall out of a cart?? I guess this mom!! Other than that excitement I have an extremely stiff neck from picking Race up wrong. Life is always hectic and I have finally decided it never really slows down with 2 kids, work and cleaning along with everything else. You mothers that stay at home and have more thatn 1 or 2 kids power to you I don't know how you do it!! I guess to earn my title I better go rescue my kids from each other they are crying and fighting upstairs. Gotta go!!

9 comments:

Collins Crew said...

lol. for sure, 'mother of the year' ladies and gents. Hah- Pie and I have been going the rounds too with her refusing to sit in the shopping cart. yesterday at Target I was looking at a clothes rack, I hear her start laughing, turn around, she had wiggeled out of the seat belt strap and is STANDING up in the cart dancing! HELLO. dodged a bullet there. thankfully she didn't fall out and crack her head open! Dang kids! LOL. they really do make for adventures right?

sarefamily said...

oh tara dear, you still manage to make me laugh from thousands of miles away. When Rox was 4 months old, I was cooking dinner and had her in her little bouncer on the counter. (You know all those warnings that irritate you on kids stuff cause they sew them on right where you can always see them? Well I guess they are there for a reason-hey numb nuts, don't put you kid on the counter!!) Anyways, she started crying, so I took her out. When she calmed down I put her back in, but I guess one of the chair legs was hanging over the counter and she fell directly onto a tile floor. Wow, I felt like a loser!!! Her head had a mushy spot for about a month which the doctor said was okay but I felt like a complete bonehead!! We all do it!!! I think that's why no one can remember their childhood at this age!!! Love ya girl and I will add ya on!

Angie said...

I'm right there with ya! Tyler fell out of the cart a couple of times! One time he was standing at the end of the the cart (I know, dumb of me) and this kid came running but was looking the other way....smashed right into our cart and flipped Tyler out! He didn't get hurt, but could've. You're a great mom...and it's hard to tell when you need to take your kids to the doctor....Tyler is sick right now and I wondering if I need to take him in...anyway I can't wait for this weekend either!!

Angie said...

that's exactly what he has...achy body, cough, sore throat, fever...hopefully he'll feel a little better in the next couple of days

Megan and Alyvia said...

Oh Poor Race! You're are so not a bad mother, though, it happens to every mom. Livie fell out of her stroller when she was 8 mos old...I felt awful about it. Good thing kids bounce back quick (:

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

Tara I think you still deserve the mother of the year award. I don't think the mother of the year should go to some one who thinks they are perfect. The award should go to a mother who loves to show off there kids and who you can tell loves their little mess makers more then life itself. So to that I say CONGRATS you have the mother of year award from me.

Laura G said...

Aw man! It's always scary when they crash. Sounds like you might have a daredevil on your hands. X games, here comes Race Woods!!!!

Charity Smith said...

Is that all you have to do for mother of the year? I guess I earned it years ago!! Your a great mom whats great about kids is they love us anyway!! Until they are teenagers anyway then I hear no matter what we do they hate us!!